Frying Chicken Step by Step
Perhaps you have eaten fried chicken at your favorite restaurant and wondered how exactly to achieve the same southern style flavorings when you make your own recipe for easy fried chicken.
This dish just melts in the mouth and fried chicken is something that a lot of people enjoy at fast food restaurants without attempting to make themselves at home because they assume it is a difficult recipe.
Actually nothing could be further from the truth. Southern style easy fried chicken is simple to make, even if you are new to making fried chicken recipes or new to frying altogether! To make the most mouthwatering and tasty fried chicken recipe, you simply need to find one of the best fried chicken recipes and follow it.
See How Easy It Can Be?
To sum up, you will need chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, drumsticks or a combination) and an egg mixture, along with a flour mixture. Combining egg with milk, salt and pepper will make a good egg mixture and you can use seasoned flour or plain flour. Dip your chicken in the egg mixture, then in the flour mixture, and fry it until it is cooked through.
You can check the chicken by piercing it in the thickest part with a long, sharp knife. If the juices run red or pink you need to cook it longer. If the juices run clear it is done and you should let it rest for five or ten minutes and then serve it. Letting the chicken rest keeps it juicy and, don’t worry, it will stay hot.
More Ideas for Max Flavor
Citrus juice can be poured over the chicken before you fry it or you can marinate the chicken in the citrus juice and perhaps some other ingredients. If you are going to marinate the chicken, pay careful attention to the times mentioned in the recipe. Marinating chicken in citrus juice for too long can over-tenderize the chicken and make it mushy, which is not the result you will want.
Orange fried chicken wings, lime-marinated Mexican chicken or Chinese lemon chicken are special recipes which can be served at any occasion, from a casual family dinner to a buffet or dinner party.
Another idea is to spice up the batter or coating, adding cayenne pepper, chili powder and anything else you like. The resulting fried chicken will be spicy and of course because you are adding the spice you can choose anything between mild to medium or very spicy indeed. The spice level is your choice.
Try making a beer batter if you want an especially crisp result. Combining beer with flour offers a very simple way of making a batter and the carbonated beverage makes the batter crisp and airy. It will not taste like beer but you will get the benefits of beer because the batter will be so crunchy.
Some recipes call for a single coating which others call for 2 or even 3 different layers. For example, you might dip chicken pieces in your batter and fry them, or you might dip the chicken first in an egg mixture and then in a flour mixture. The egg gives the flour something to stick to. Something else you can try is marinating the chicken in something like buttermilk, and then double-dipping it, for more layers of flavor.
Picture, recipes and/or content upgraded: 04-04-16
Leave a Reply
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214745 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (191619 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156723 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70836 Views)
- Home (63414 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (40004 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34501 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (33027 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21842 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21826 Views)