Monthly Archives: September 2013
One of the South’s great dinner dishes is chicken fried steak. delicious thin beef steaks that are tenderized, flour-coated and cooked to crunchy perfection. It is a wonderfully delicious and super-easy meal to prepare.
It is a comfort food enjoyed over the years in many Southern family homes. This Southern food can be prepared in about 20 minutes or less, from start to finish. Typically served with delicious creamy milk gravy and snow white mashed potatoes, it is a tasty treat for all to enjoy.
If you have never tasted chicken fried steak, then this recipe is one you simply have to try. The crunchy breading, perfectly seasoned and tender steak is absolutely delicious. Even the children will devour this tender delicious meal. It will undoubtedly become a quick family favorite of your household as well. Continue reading
This recipe packs a wonderful flavor punch because there are so many delicious Mediterranean ingredients working in harmony. This is also a great example of a healthy fried chicken meal. Instead of deep-fried chicken, the chicken is ‘oven fried’ which means it will be juicy and crispy but with a far lower fat content. While the chicken is oven frying you can assemble the salad, then just add the chicken pieces while they are still warm, for a healthy yet hearty lunch or dinner.
Cut chicken breasts in half (lengthwise) so you end up with 6 portions. If you like, you can cut them again so you have 12 smaller portions, but that is up to you. You can also cut the chicken after it has finished cooking. Once the marinade has had time to penetrate into the meat, you will dip the chicken into a Parmesan and breadcrumb mixture and then it is ready to go in the oven. The cooking time varies depending on the size of the chicken pieces and also on your oven so keep an eye on it. It can take anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes to cook, but 30 minutes is the average.
The chicken is served on a bed of salad made from salad leaves, mandarin orange segments, red onion and tomato, and then you can sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top and serve right away while the chicken is still warm from the oven. This makes a delicious lunch or is hearty enough to be served as an evening meal. Continue reading
- Braised Goose Breast with Spicy Honey Orange Cointreau Sauce May 10, 2016
- Pheasant and Pork Pie May 9, 2016
- Homemade Cornbread Stuffing with Bacon May 6, 2016
- Rosemary Roasted Partridge with Bacon April 26, 2016
- Roasted Mallard Duck Breast April 26, 2016
- Turkey Meatballs in Pineapple Curry April 23, 2016
- Bacon Wrapped Quail with Pumpkin April 13, 2016
- Site Update Announcement on Our Progress April 6, 2016
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Served with Basmati Rice April 4, 2016
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts April 3, 2016
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Recipe (214693 Views)
- Chicken Stir Fry with Red Pepper Broccoli and Cashew Nuts (182291 Views)
- Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe – Extra Crispy Fried Chicken (156629 Views)
- Chicken Fried Steak Recipe (70752 Views)
- Home (63393 Views)
- Milk and Egg Makes This Fried Chicken Batter Thick and Crispy Yet Tender and Juicy (39960 Views)
- Cashew Chicken Recipe (34463 Views)
- Authentic Kentucky Style Fried Chicken Recipe (32964 Views)
- Heavy Batter Southern Fried Chicken with Garlic (21804 Views)
- Easy Fried Chicken Wings with Mexican Bean Salad (21802 Views)